Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pastels -

Ended up having to take a hiatus the past couple of days - too busy working to get to play - WWAAHHH!  Not pretty when a child throws a tantrum - even uglier when a middle-aged woman does! 
I seem to have a perpetual problem of drawing eyes too high up on the face - I do it nearly every time - maybe I should decide that it is stylistic choice for me - "my signature look" - mostly though it just bugs me - I never seem to realize how high the eyes are until I am finished.

Check out 29 Faces at Ayala Art!!

7 comments:

eSeN said...

I think your faces are lovely! Have you tried mapping out your face? Draw an oval, halve the oval with a vertical line, then measure out a horizontal line halfway through the oval, then a horizontal line halfway between the first and the chin and then another horizontal line halfway between the second line and the chin. The eyes go just above the first line, the nose at the second line, and the lips at the third line. You can make variations as you wish (ex. longer nose).

Kimberly Jones said...

I think it's interesting and unique! Love the book page background too!

denthe said...

Well, she looks very peaceful and serene, probably to counterbalance your tantrum ... ;-)
I always draw a cross in my oval when I draw a face. If I don't do that one eye is always higher than the other (and even with the cross it still happens regularly ☺)

Netty said...

Love your new face, she is very Madonna like. Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

alarmcat said...

i never thought your eyes were too high. well, not yours … but your drawings :)

it's your style!! don't change now!

veronica said...

i think the eyes are fine! lovely, even.
maybe you just like small foreheads! yeah, that's it.

Jo said...

I think it's your signature. Your style. I think it's great.