Wednesday, November 7, 2012

AEDM (Day 7) - Carving a Hexagon stamp


 Have you noticed the preponderance of hexagons in crafting these days?  I wanted a hexagon stamp and decided to make my own.
 I used the hexagon shape below in my Photoshop Elements program to size and then space out the shapes to make a row of them suitable for carving.
 When you don't have curved lines or fancy details the carving goes lickety-split!!
 A bit of double-sided tape to adheres the stamp securely to the acrylic block.
Put together a quick card with a retired sentiment from A Muse and a bit of smash tape.  This stamp will be great to use in my art journals!
Check out all the creativity on Art Every Day Month

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I also like to build stamps. Beautiful your

Claudia said...

beautiful card!

veronica said...

i love your carving your own stamps. if you don't have it, just carve it!
very cool!

Clare Lloyd said...

looks like a great stamp. x

Janet said...

So cool! I like to carve stamps...it's very relaxing for me.

Tracey FK said...

sometimes the simplest designs are the most effective... this is great xx

www.dorissdaughter.com said...

Great idea and very effective

denthe said...

Wow, looks very professional! well done.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you make that stamp look so easy, but it's so effective! Will have to give it a try soon :)