Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Second Floor Challenge #4 - Circles

Time for another Second Floor Challenge - this one has the theme of Circles!  While this canvas is definitely not one of my favorites, I am bound and determined to do all of the Second Floor Challenges so you will just have to deal with my Kandinsky knock-off.
Do you like it any better when you see it from far away?  Me either. . .
Did you know that Wassily Kandinsky is credited with being the first to do a truly abstract piece of art? Colour Studies:  Squares and Concentric Circles is likely his most recognizable piece.
Connor made his own version in art class several years back and his is definitely more true to the Kandinsky look.  Mine looks more like, "Gobstoppers broken in half" - according to Caleb.  10 year-olds are brutal art critics!

7 comments:

jen said...

I recognized your Kandinsky immediately! (from art docent!)- I think you need to make 1 or 2 more & mount it together- then you'll love it! :) (I didn't click on the challenge, but I bet you'd love this more if it were all in neutrals...)
:D

Mona Pendleton said...

What fun paintings! Love the various colorful circles! I too like it close up :) TFS

Martha Richardson said...

Don't you love these challenges! Great project :0

veronica said...

i also see the resemblance to gobstoppers!

DJ said...

haha! harder than it looks, right?

really nice work!

Anonymous said...

Had to tell you I laughed out loud at Caleb's critique - I really enjoyed your entire post but that last part was pure joy to the heart! Thanks for all the sharing and honesty.
Hugs,
JoyceAnn

Nathalie Kalbach said...

I love it!!! thanks for playing along with me and Julie in the SEcond Floor Challenge!