Saturday, March 10, 2012

Art Journal - Doodled Flowers

Recently picked up some primed premium cotton canvas sheets.  Who knew that these things came in pads?  Not me but I don't know much about art supplies at all and nearly every time I am in the art aisles at Hobby Lobby something new pops out to catch my eye.  Let me just state that if a trip to Hobby Lobby with its limited art supplies overwhelms me you can just imagine what a trip to Blick's does to me - swoon!!  I have to go there with a list or we would easily go broke from me picking up "a few things that I need (want)".
I messed around painting some backgrounds the other night - this one was just a bunch of fun circles but later when I walked by the notion to doodle flowers in the circles was overwhelming!  I will admit that I totally swiped the far left flower from Alisa Burke but the rest are mine.   Linking up to The Sketchbook Challenge (March theme: flowers) and Art Journal Every Day - Julie Fei-Fan Balzer.

4 comments:

Anne Marie said...

So glad to have found your blog, some new creative inspiration, and links to new creative sites! I found you through Moxie Fab World. Thank you for sharing your work!

Janet said...

I know just how you feel about art supplies and shopping. I can be overwhelming! But I love it.

Your flower doodles are beautiful and your color combination says "spring" to me. That little pop of tangerine/orange is perfect.

Kimberly Jones said...

Very cool circles and doodles! Love the colors!

veronica said...

love your doodles! cool flowers.