Monday, February 27, 2012

"Advanced Doodling" - Sketchbook Delight II

One of the lessons I was particularly excited about in Alisa Burke's Sketchbook Delight II class is the one on Advanced Doodling.  She is a master of doodling - look at what she did in her hallway!!  One of my favorite art journal pages is one that I tried to imitate her style.
My doodle is based on a fabulous batik stamp that I got several years ago in Seattle at Pike's Market.  It lives on a stand in my kitchen.  Roni has been after me to ink this stamp but I can't bear to do it so I did the next best thing by basing my doodle on it.
Watercolored in the earthy colors that I love but more vibrant than usual.  LOVE how this turned out!
Linking to Artists in Blogland Show and Tell Saturday #20
Art Journal Every Day - Julie Fei-Fan Balzer

8 comments:

Kimberly Jones said...

What a gorgeous page! And that stamp is fabulous! You did a great job of recreating the motif!

Janet said...

Wow...both your doodle and the stamp it was based on are beautiful. What a great find and I don't blame you for not wanting to ink it up but it would make a fantastic stamp!

Talking Thirty said...

LOVE this! Please tell me you have an Etsy store!

veronica said...

can't wait to see you ink that stamp!!
lovely background, and shading is great too.

Becky Rusher said...

When you can draw like this, who needs stamps????

Unknown said...

The colors are so shiny! Love it!

Linda Starr said...

Oh I do love paisley and these colors are wonderful together.

Ildiko said...

wonderful stamp!and i looove the color animation!it become very alive- dynamic and cheerful!