Friday, November 11, 2011

Show and Tell Saturday - Friendship Soldered Necklaces with Leaves

A couple weekends ago I got to spend a great day with my friend, Kim in Glendale, KY shopping and eating yummy food.  We had such a good time and it was such a beautiful day - there were oodles of the most colorful autumn leaves that I had ever seen.   Leaves so pretty that I wouldn't even complain about raking them (I might grumble a little - I am only human).  Anyhoo, to commemorate our fun day I decided to take a couple of the leaves that I had gathered and make soldered pendant necklaces for Kim and I.
I can never resist a monogram so I stamped a tiny initial onto some linen and then backed it with a 1" square punched section of leaf.  The glass is from Ranger and the copper tape/lead free solder is from Simply Swank.  Another reason these necklaces are special to me is that I learned to solder in a class that I took with Kim.  Today we went to lunch - look at what I ate - 
Yummy bento box lunch with a crunchy shrimp sushi roll!!  
I'm linking up to the Artists in Blogland: Show and Tell Saturday - be sure and check that site out to see loads of beautiful creations!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I've never tried such pendants. It looks like fun!!

Fallingladies said...

Oh... I love them, so great. I am always trying to think of ways to save beautiful fall leaves!

Tracey FK said...

That is such a beautiful way to save the leaves... the sushi looks yummo... wish I had had a bento for lunch xx

Joni Nickrent said...

Your pendants are awesome!

Becky Rusher said...

Cool pendants, Michelle! That lunch is making me hungry!

Kimberly Jones said...

As the delighted recipient of that necklace, all I can say is WOW! I love the pendant and I thought the idea of encasing the leaf was pure genius! What a beautiful memento of a fun day with a very special friend! And now I'm hooked on bento boxes! Thanks Michelle!

veronica said...

i wish i had taken the soldering class with you. would've been fun!

peggy aplSEEDS said...

i just love these soldered pendants and i've been planning to make some for ages! thanks for sharing!
hugs,
peggy aplSEEDS

jen said...

looks like you had a great day! those pendants are aweoms- I would never have thought of using a leaf!!