Friday, May 6, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge - Texting Skills

Did you ever wake up and feel like playing with mustaches?  Probably not otherwise you would be me and that can be a scary thing, trust me!  Anyhoo - today is the day for the very first CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!!
The challenge is -  incorporate text prominently into your newly created CAS project.  It is easy to feature text by stamping the background with one sentiment stamp and making one stand out by stamping in a contrasting color.
This fun stamp set is called "Foiled Again" and is by - you guessed it - A Muse|Studio!!  In fact - all the supplies used are from A Muse.  I'm celebrating spring by offering the first 3 customers in May that place a $50+ order in my online store a free catalog - WhOo HoO!
Here's proof that spring is here - Lookie at some pretty flowers from my backyard - I get so excited when the Peonies bloom - so big and showy and they smell wonderful!!  I used a pic from a few years back to make my blog header -
I like pink when it is in flower form -
Purple too - sigh - Now that it hasn't rained in three whole days there has been a lot of lawn mowing in the neighborhood and I LOVE the smell of newly cut grass!  Please note that close-ups of flowers help to disguise the fact that our lawn needs edging - LOTS of rain makes LOTS of grass/dandelions/weeds!  Help!!

15 comments:

Karen B. said...

Can't say I've ever woken up to wanting to play with mustaches, but your card is making me think twice! It is so much fun! Beautiful flowers as well. Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Michele Gross said...

After seeing your fun card, I'm kinda feeling the urge to play with mustaches! hehe! Wonderful text technique to highlight a portion with an alternate color-Nicely done!! Very happy you played with us at our first ever CAS-ual Fridays challenge!

Anonymous said...

LOL I love it! I can picture a face with one of these mustaches saying that sentiment :) Your color combo just pops and I love how you incorporated the text in this card. Thanks for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

So cute!

Julie Ranae said...

How fun to see those A Muse stamps work for this challenge! Great card and so great to have you play along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

So stinkin' cute!! I just received this set from Lori Barnett and can't wait to get it inky, especially after seeing your fun project!! Thanks so much for playing with us in the very first CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!! Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful work!!

Laura Davis said...

What a CUTE card!! Love your pics too :)
Thanks for playing at CAS!
Laura

Tenia Nelson said...

Super duper cuteness!!!!

Unknown said...

such a fun card~

Kryssi said...

this is so fun! awesome! one of my favorites I have to say! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Friday's Challenge!

Sarah said...

Love this one, Michelle! The colors are fabulous -- I can't believe how many colors and patterns you worked into it while still keeping it CAS.

Laurie said...

This is so adorable! I love how you stamped the text in red! Really pops! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

veronica said...

love that stitching from the mad for plaid set!

Jen W. said...

LOL! This is so cute! I've been a bit bewildered by the current mustache trend but this card almost makes me want to jump on the bandwagon. :)

Jaclyn Miller said...

oh my word, how adorable! Such great use of your colors, love how you used the text, love the sentiment and LOVE that you found a way to use mustaches that looks great! So glad that you played along with the first ever CAS-ual Fridays challenge!