Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Art Journal -

WHOO HOO- My first art journal page done completely on my own!  I think it turned out pretty cool for a first timer!  I started by adhering torn old book pages with Mod Podge then spraying a tad of Blue Skies Glimmer Mist (hard to see unless you are close).
Used lots of fun goodies - Tattered Angels stamps and matching Glimmer Screens for the butterflies - I used Ranger Metallic Paint Daubers on the screens and then stamped with the stamps.  The wings are from River City Rubber Works and I picked those up in Nashville, IN a couple years back during a road trip with Kim.
"Hurry - Fly to new destinations"  - that's what I am trying to do with my art journal and am constantly in a hurry to try the next thing/technique but I have to slow down at watch the paint dry - literally and figuratively!
Look in the butterfly bodies - this is kinda supposed to say, "Why not fly?" - Get it?  Neither did my family - but I'll forgive them - THIS TIME!  Stay tuned - I am finishing up my next page which is an ode to Donna Downey and her wonderful "drippage" - FUN stuff!

4 comments:

Kimberly Jones said...

I love it so much! Your first page turned out great! The old book paper is an amazing foundation and I love the butterflies!

jen said...

Very cool! Hard to believe this is your first page- it's amazing!

veronica said...

i love the butterflies. cool!

Deborah Frings said...

This is wonderful - I can't believe it's your first page!! Looks like you had great fun making this.

And thanks for your lovely comment on my OLw40 cards - much apprecited.