Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Art Journal - Christy Tomlinson

I recently professed my love of Julie Fei-Fan Balzer so you can imagine my delight to see her featured on Christy Tomlinson's blog!  Christy Tomlinson is a new love of mine too - so much so that my first Art Journal page is completely, totally and unabashedly lifted off her recent tutorial.  I am so new to this type of craft that I didn't even feel guilty copying her design since I need to start somewhere, right?  Also very excited about the class she will be teaching  - The She Art Workshop!  It will be a blast learning all these fabulous techniques.
Basic Grey Basics made up my background -
 I like the look of that paint palette - makes me look "artist-y" - in my mind, anyway!
Grow is my word for 2010 - I am trying to grow in creativity (not in size!!) - trying new things - stretching in my perspective - step out of my box!  My family had mixed reactions to this page - my older son and husband nodded their heads and said the appropriate things but my younger son LOVED it (he is a very smart boy).

7 comments:

jen said...

Grow is a great word! And I'd say you're off to a fantastic start! This looks amazing & I bet it makes you happy just looking at it! (and the paint palette DOES make you look artsy!)
:D

Kimberly Jones said...

Michelle I love it! Very colorful and whimsical! I am so in love with art journaling! I chose DO for my 2011 word because I'm a dreamer and I want to bring more of my creative ideas to life. Love the word GROW, and I'm always inspired by your creativity!

Sarah said...

All kinds of awesome. I've started following Christy and Julie recently and it's making me want to break out my paints. So glad to see that you are with such fun results!

Becky Rusher said...

So cool, Michelle! And good for you for trying something new.

veronica said...

i love it too! the flowers are cool and love the doodling.

jenn shurkus said...

love how this came out michelle :) you rocked it!!!

AngC said...

I'm taking Christy's class too! I've started doing art inspired by her as well... glad to see I'm not the only one who's excited! :)