Thursday, January 13, 2011

PDCC#64 OLW#36 - Barely There

One Layer Wednesday - The reins this week are held by Jennifer Styles, "The challenge this week is to make a card using a bare tree, or bare vegetation of some kind – that means no leaves, no needles, no buds, no flowers. You can use as many images/sentiments/colours as you like, but you must use one plant image that is “bare”.  You can't scare me with that challenge!!  I have the perfect stamp - Tree Tile from Rubber Soul.
This week's Play Date Cafe Challenge colors seemed perfect for a "winter-y" card. My backyard is still covered in snow but the boys headed back to school today after two days off. Neither of them complained because they don't want to go to school in June!
Doncha love it when it is SO COLD that the snow sparkles like glitter?  SO COLD that the hair in your nose freezes up?  I love it too - while gazing out the window holding a nice big mug of coffee!
Sentiment is from the Vintage A Muse Clear Stamp Set.

18 comments:

Fiona said...

clever use of the colours over at the PDCC this week Michelle! Thanks so much for playing along :)

Jennifer Styles said...

And...you rocked the challenge!

I love that stamp and what a great colour combo!

Thanks for playing along with OLW36!

jen said...

Beautiful- I'm in love with the PDCC colors- I really want the sideboard/buffet from the pic...! :D

Michellem said...

Testing - - - -

Julie Ranae said...

What a beautiful entry for our challenge this week over in The Play Date Cafe....it's always a pleasure to see you there! Thanks so much for your continued support.

Susan said...

What a great card! Love the different colors you used to stamp the image,

Michele Gross said...

I LOVE the way you stamped the tiles off each side! Wonderful way to showcase the colors and I agree, they are perfect for a wintry card :) So glad you joined us at The Play Date Cafe!

Deborah Frings said...

I really like the way you've combined both these challenges, the colours are wintery and work really well with the trees!! Fab!

I like the way you enjoy the snow!! Mine too :)

Kimberly Jones said...

I love everything about this card! The soothing colors, the bare branches, the glitter...really captures a winter day.

Jaclyn Miller said...

Just perfect. Great CAS card. I was noticing how pretty the snow is when it sparkles in the sun this week too! So glad to have your card in this week's PDCC.

Faye said...

What a fantastic bare trees stamp you have! your card is just beautiful.

Maria said...

Those trees are so serene looking! Sooo pretty! Love the simplicity of your card!

Jen W. said...

Love this card! You showed no fear and kicked the challenge's butt!
I must say, the freezing nose hair is something I definitely don't miss about not living in the US anymore!

Karen B. said...

This is so pretty with your stripes of glitter and all the details.

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a perfect, CAS, one-layer design! LOVE the addition of your glitter strips! Thanks for playing with us in The Cafe!

Chrissie said...

This is a beautiful card, I really love the colours!
Together with a friend I'm starting a new Clean & Simple challenge blog called
”Less is More”
I do hope you can join us. The first challenge is due on February 5th
Chrissie

Libby Hickson said...

This is simply gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with this week's Play Date Cafe challenge!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

GORGEOUS! LOVE the tree image--and those glitter strips--LOOOOVE them! Great idea:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:}