Tuesday, December 7, 2010

GS67 CPS196 - Scalloped thanks!

This card was inspired by a combo of two current sketch challenges - The main part of the card from the Get Sketchy #67 and the sentiment area from Card Positioning Systems Sketch 196.
A few months back I had a Scallop tutorial featured on the Create blog and I made several scallop strips and accented the ends with copper tape (found in the stained glass section of your hobby store).  I really like making extras of things when I'm in a crafting mood- then I always have stuff to play with later without the effort.
I couldn't resist the swirls in the CPS sketch so I used Prima gems to get that look and finished off with some hand-dyed seam binding.  The patterned papers are Basic Grey and the sentiment is from SU!
So the other day I was holding Caleb's new lizard and I commented, "He's as light as a feather." - Caleb replied, "Yes and he's as cute as a mullosk."  (Did you realize that a slug is a mullosk?  Caleb tried twice unsuccessfully to keep a slug as a pet - I think we will be more successful with the lizard) - Wanna see a pic of the little guy?
Told ya he was cute!!

6 comments:

Kimberly Jones said...

Love all the patterned papers used for the scallops! Cute lizard too!

jen said...

mmm. no. not going to say cute on the lizard- and SLUGS are even more NOT cute. hmm.
your card is though! you've been busy!!

Laurel said...

What a gorgeous card!

Unknown said...

oh lovely !!!

veronica said...

is the new lizard sitting on some scones? cinnamon rolls? biscuits?
cause if he is, i don't know if i'd eat them!
btw, what's the lizard's name?

Elisa K said...

love the card... The lizard is way cute... Thanks for playing along this week at Get Sketchy.

Hugs