Monday, August 9, 2010

My Island Makes Me Smile!

Who wants to join me on my super exclusive island? (It is super exclusive because it is in my imagination but I'll share - I'm nice that way. . .) The Hammock stamp was one of my first purchases from A Muse and I used it in my very first A Muse class!
See how shimmery the waves are by my exclusive island? Nice little crabs pop up to wave hello and the sun is shining. The part you don't see is that to the right of the coconut palm is a 4-star hotel where I will be eating and spending the night - It is too hot for me on my exclusive island plus I don't want hammock marks on the back of my legs/body - that would be unsightly - Mostly I sit in my air-conditioned suite eating scallops and looking out the window at my pretty hammock. Care to join me?
All stamps and pretty papers are from A Muse! This card is for this week's 2S4Y58 and CPS179 sketches. They are pretty similar this week and I tipped the sketch on its side to accomodate my "vision".
WOW! My card got picked as Super 6 on the Card Patterns blog this week!! I've had several cards doing well in blogworld lately - you know what that means? Either my exclusive island isn't completely out of the realms of possibility OR tomorrow when I step out of the door a piano will fall on my head!

14 comments:

Sharon Cornelius-Xavier said...

Lovely card. I really love the waves. Loving ur cards. (=

Unknown said...

Lovin your exclusive island... shimmery waves are perfect & that cut out sun is awesome!

veronica said...

love your popped out sun! hey, i will be on the beach in 27 days and counting. ;)

Laura Davis said...

What a great card, very creative!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Kimberly Jones said...

Love those shimmery waves! I want to be on your island too! But only if I can lounge around in the air conditioned suite and eat candy!

jen said...

I sooo wish I was there! And congrats on another card being in the spotlight! :)
(the piano visual cracked me up!)

Regina Mangum said...

Michelle, this is simply adorable! I love your super exclusive island and your card "makes me smile." Thanks for playing with us this week!

Anonymous said...

Great card!! Love the waves!

Lea L. said...

This is so cute! Totally loving the beach scene...makes me wish I was on one! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!!

♥♥♥Lea

Unknown said...

U Smile, I Smile. :)

Sylvia said...

Another fun and cute card, Michelle! I love your little crab in the water!

Susan Raihala said...

Your water is WONDERFUL! What a great scene...makes me want to go to the tropics!!!!!

cnelson said...

This could not be more perfect!! LOVE it in eery way possible!!

Erum Tasneem said...

so adorable! love it!