Wednesday, June 23, 2010

GS43 - Pink Thanks

Did you know that today is National Pink Day? Neither did I until I read it on the Paper Crafts Connection blog - As a kid, I loved pink!! As an adult my passion for pink has definitely cooled and I use pink in very small doses - I am more of a brown/green kinda gal now! Nothing like a great shade of brown/beige/tan to knock my socks off!! Hence my love of kraft paper that shows up quite frequently on this blog.
This card, based on Get Sketchy - GS43 sketch, is a PINK card to me although the pink is limited to the buttons and and some patterned paper (these patterned papers are My Mind's Eye and The Paper Studio that I picked up at Hobby Lobby). The buttons and silk ribbon come from PTI. Sentiment and Pink Juliette background paper are from A Muse. What is your favorite color? I don't just love brown and green - I also have a thing for black too! (I'm quite the exciting individual!!)
BTW - I made Top 5 at Get Sketchy last week! WHOO HOO!

3 comments:

Kimberly Jones said...

My favorite color is...PINK! Of course you know that! But I had no idea there was a day dedicated to pink! Thanks for sharing. I love your card. Pink and brown are gorgeous together!
And congrats on making the Top 5!

Jessica said...

Sweet, sweet card! Love your take on pink!

Jessica Witty
Paper Crafts Go-to-Gal

veronica said...

i didn't know it was pink day either! love the card, altho, it needs a little more pink, little less brown. ;)