Tuesday, June 22, 2010

CAS95 - Wish you were here. . .

This card is based on the sketch by Clean and Simple Stamping - CAS95. It features yet another crocheted flower - the center is made from the Foliage embellishments from Tim Holtz and a crystal brad. Since the flower adds so much weight to the top of the card I added grounding with the old book paper, ribbon and the Cuttlebug embossing to the bottom of the card. Those combined elements make your eye see the "whole" card instead of just being drawn to the flower - (that's what I think anyway - and you can't change my mind! so there!)
BTW - when I am using old book paper I scan the page for any "spooky/inappropriate" words that I don't want to show up on my card but I don't pay that close of attention. Look close in the left hand corner and you will see "muddy" and "slimy" - it cracks me up when words like that show up!! Obviously, it doesn't take a lot to make me laugh - - -
The sentiment and polka-dot ribbon are from A Muse.

3 comments:

Kimberly Jones said...

Sweet card! Not slimy or muddy at all! I love old book paper, especially dictionaries!

veronica said...

love that flower! it is a beautiful color, with a terrific center!

jen said...

Very pretty! Love that hint of gingham paper under the focal panel- the flower is yummy too. And it cracks me up that slimy & muddy found their way onto that pretty card!