Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Muse - I'd be lost without you!!

One of my most favorite A Muse Stamps has always been Birds on a Wire (2-4103C) because they are just so stinking adorable!! For our last day of Fun in the Sun cards I wanted to feature these sweet birds. As a change I embossed with my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder and sanded afterwards to show the white core of the cardstock. Some people sand ALL the time (Becky Rusher) and it looks great - it is just one of those things that I never think to do - - -
The cuteness factor is played up even more with a close up - notice how these little chickies are sparkly courtesy of the Clear Spica pen. PLUS another favorite tip I have is how much depth is added by a little shadowing underneath the birds and wires with a W2 Copic Grey marker! This fun layout is courtesy of the Get Sketchy blog - #39.

3 comments:

veronica said...

the shadowing is such a great idea! tfs! love the sparkles too.

Glenda J said...

Wow - this is so cute! What a fun idea.

Camille Young said...

I always love coming to see what card you made this week. Love your takes on the sketches over at GET SKETCHY. Thanks for playing along...love your work!!