Saturday, May 29, 2010

Mass Production - Part 1

Got to stamp with my girlfriends today! We have so much fun when we get together - we try to do it every month and we have managed to for the past 3 months! It is hard with varying schedules to get it done sometimes but it is so worth it when we do! Today I wanted to make several cards as a gift set - I managed to make 12 cards! Haven't done that in ages!
To start, I decided to gather up some pretty goodies to work with - some beautiful Cosmo Cricket and A Muse patterned papers, ribbon, twine, buttons, old book paper, punches, wood veneer paper, etc. It is hard sometimes to know what to bring when you stamp outside your own space so if you have a "family" of matching items to work with things turn out better than when you grab stuff "hodgepodge" and then wish you'd brought other things (how do I know this - I've done it dozens of times!!)
Here is my first set of finished cards! LOVE how kinda rustic and vintage they look. That bird punch from SU! is so easy to work with - QUICK tip - the sentiment on these cards is from Papertrey Ink. Clear stamps are easily bent when you apply them to the stamp block - see how the words follow the curve of the tree branch?

2 comments:

veronica said...

i like how you curved the sentiment from my set!

farmhouse-story said...

these are so sweet!