Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pretty Pears

Recently I saw on a blogpost wedding invitations printed on thin sheets of wood - I thought that was a really cool idea and purchased a sheet of 4" x 24" veneer. Serendipity has just gotten in Textured Pear paper by Reminisce - its background looks just like woodgrain so I had to play when I got home this afternoon!
After punching with 1 1/4" square punch the corners were rounded on three sides. I was adhering to the new A Muse shimmer paper when I realized that this pear paper was double-sided!! Even better than I thought originally - The biggest layer against the white cardstock is my veneer - It was a bit tricky to cut on my rotary cutter - I'll admit I had to do it twice because the first one split in the corner.
Makes for a cool look - even better in real life! Look at the view Kim has outside the window of the shop! The leaves are beautiful this year!! However, the downside is all the rain we've been getting - my phone has already been getting weather updates warning us of potential flooding tomorrow and Friday - Good thing I got a few pics today!
Stamps - A Muse 9-8246B Thinking of you hand
Ink - Momento Dye in Rich Cocoa
Paper - A Muse Couture Shimmer in Espresso and Grass, white cardstock, Textured Pear by Reminisce
Accessories - Basswood veneer, 1 1/4" square punch, corner rounder

4 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Beautiful card, and so creative with the veneer! Love the natural look of this!

veronica said...

love the mix of pears/plaid or checks. the squares rounded on 3 sides is a cool look.

Jennie M said...

This is gorgeous!! WOW!!!

Kimberly Jones said...

Michelle, I love it when you come in, see something pretty, and go home and make something with it! This pear paper is so cute, and your card is adorable!