Thursday, October 22, 2009

HOO loves you?!

Here is a little card I made today for my husband, Corey - I'll surprise him with it when he gets home from work. The owl was cut with my new Slice machine. What fun - he's paired up with the new A Muse Modern Wood Block stamped and embossed in white.
When you look close I backed the owl's beak and eyes with A Muse shimmer paper in Mango and Espresso and then enhanced his eyes with chocolate pearls. I thought that the owl was a little plain so I inked my Open Zinnia stamp with distress ink and stamped his belly. Gave a little subtle "faux feather" texture.
Stamps - 2-4133E Open Zinnia, 6-5066J Modern Wood Block, 8-8467B Hoo loves you
Ink - Ranger Adirondack Lights Pigment ink in Snow Cap, Momento Dye ink in Tuxedo Black,
Ranger Distress Ink in Old Paper
Paper - A Muse 4b Paprika notecard, Kraft paper, A Muse shimmer paper in Espresso and Mango
Accessories - A Muse Pretty Pearls in Chocolate, A Muse Polka Dot ribbon in White, Making Memories Slice (Fall Back to School design card), scalloped edge punch

4 comments:

veronica said...

love the subtle faux feathers and his little beak. cute.

Susan Raihala said...

Ooooh, the faux feathers are genius! What a cute card...but not TOO cute for a guy, lol!

Becky Rusher said...

How cute is this? Great idea for his tummy feathers! That owl is darling!

Jennie M said...

This is adorable! I love it!