Thursday, August 6, 2009

Serendipity - Papercrafting Kit!!!

Did you get the e-mail where Kim mentioned a special announcement??!! Every other month Serendipity will have available for sale an amazing papercrafting kit! August and September feature the kit pictured above. This kit is packed with some of the BEST papers/accessories around. There is a entire paper pack from My Mind's Eye - Andrea Victoria (9 sheets double-sided printed paper plus accessory sheet). Included also are 4 sheets of Bazzill Dotted Swiss 12x12 papers, 3 sheets of 8 1/2 x11 cardstock PLUS the really fun stuff - 5 yards of yummy ribbon, cream buttons, Kaisercraft Black Pearls, a Prima Bonnet Blossom, Prima brown baubles and Silver vintage German glass glitter!!! All this for a mere $25!!! Here is one of the fun things I made -
Not sure what to call this thing - I wanted to feature as many of the design elements as possible so I purchased a black framed mirror from Wal-Mart (a whopping $6 investment - they are available in white too) and put a sheet of Rope Swing Bazzill Dotted Swiss paper as my base and went from there. The only things I used outside of the kit were the mirror, Glimmer Mist, the Bow-Easy and Ranger Distress Ink in Old Paper -all available for purchase at Serendipity, of course!! ;-)
I really love how this turned out - Just a fun/graphic/linear way to mix some really kind of modern elements with some classic ones as well.
There is lots of dimension and layering going on -
I realize that this look isn't for everyone though - I asked my 12-year old son, Connor, what he thought of it and he said, "The frame is nice, Mom." SIGH - can't please them all, huh?
This kit is only available at Serendipity for a limited time! If I were you I'd hop over to see about getting one while they last.
PLUS - how about some blog-hopping fun -
Hop to Roni's blog for more inspiration with this super fun kit!! Stay posted for more fun ideas -

4 comments:

veronica said...

i love the frame too. but what's inside is wonderful. i love your picture grouping showing a closeup of all the squares.

Kimberly said...

This is gorgeous Michelle! I especially love the vintage glass glitter! It really adds a glam touch!

AuBien said...

Love this, Michelle! You are so creative!

http://cardcrazy.etsy.com said...

I love what you did with this! Gorgeous! ~~Pam