Friday, April 17, 2009

Newly Hatched - amuse bouche - Part 2

Time for another sneak peek of the new A Muse stamps!! This time I used the Dandelion stamp embossed on white against kraft paper to alter a notebook from Michael's. I really like how this turned out!! Naturally, I used my Nestabilities to cut out and "nest" my layers.
My parents host "family night" every Thursday. We take the kiddos to play with their cousins and we all enjoy a wonderful meal. My mom is constantly topping her last effort - here is what I mean. Last night was no exception - wish I had thought to take a picture of the Lemon Cake she whipped up (she even made up the recipe). Glad I had made this little notebook to give her as a token of our endless appreciation for all she does! A notebook is no good without a matching card.
After I made the notebook for mom I thought that this would also make an excellent teacher gift. Now that Connor is in 6th grade he likes a more mature looking gift and I thought that this might fill the bill -
I really like how sophisticated this turned out -
Stamps - A Muse 2-4146E Dandelion, 9-8558B Home is, 9-8244B Just because, 8-8455B For a special teacher
Ink - Momento Dye in Rich Cocoa, Versamark Ink
Paper - A Muse Juliette paper in Sky Blue and Latte, kraft paper
Accessories - A Muse Sheer Ribbon in White, Nestabilities, buttons, heat gun, white embossing powder and dimensionals

10 comments:

Jen D said...

those came out beautifully!

Debbie said...

Wow, let me pick my chin up off the floor! These are bee-u-tiful! The colors you used are so pretty together and so soft looking. Love everything!

Lori Barnett said...

What a great idea to emboss that stamp. I love using Kraft paper. All of your goodies are wonderful!

Joyce said...

What a great gift and it turned out beautifully!

veronica said...

loving what you did for the 2nd addition. those new a muse stamps are wonderful!

Glenda J said...

The colours are amazing! Great job!

Jennie M said...

This is gorgeous! What a beautiful and thoughtful gift! You have totally inspired me!! :)

Lisa said...

Love the color combos on these. I think they make WONDERFUL gifts. Another amazing display of your creativity and talent! Thanks for sharing!

Becky Rusher said...

Your altered notebook is beautiful, Michelle!

Beth Thomas said...

This is absolutely beautiful!!!! What a great gift idea!