Monday, December 15, 2008

Road Trip!!!

Kim and I headed off to the wilds of Mt. Juliet, TN on Saturday to attend the Jenni Bowlin Open House - we had such a good time! Jenni is very nice and she and Kim had lots to talk about! There were loads of great vintage things for sale - My favorite purchase was 3 sheets from an old ledger dated 7/1/1863!!! Several of the line entries are hoop skirts!

We asked the front desk guy to take our pic with the sign - We were not the first ones that day to do so! Apparently his finger got tired cause the pic is pretty blurry - - -

After we left Mt. Juliet we headed to Clarksville to Memories in Bloom - Nichole Heady of Papertrey Ink fame lives nearby and this is the ONLY retail location you can buy her stuff from outside of the website. I was looking at the PTI samples when I realized that these are the actual ones that Nichole made herself for her blog! That explains my crazed look - Nichole does that to me!
Kim and I had a great time - hope to do it again soon!!

7 comments:

veronica said...

looks like you had fun!

Anonymous said...

I am SO jealous. Kim and I talked about our mutual love of old things, so I would have loved the Jenni Bowlin adventure. I have taken some classes from her before at a store in Nashville (now closed) and she is just GREAT!! I have not made it to the Clarksville store, but have wanted to for a long time. I would have that same crazed look if I got to see Nichole Heady's work in person as well. I adore PTI!! Sounds like you all had a great day. I had prior plans for a cookie swap and could not attend. I ended up making 72 cookies for the swap and came home with . . . .NONE!! Someone accidentally took mine home!! Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa Chapman

Julia said...

OMGosh - I am so jealous you got to go...I love JB & her lines!! Hope you had fun!!

The Swinks said...

Hey, Mt. Juliet is where Susan lives. I wonder if she knows that she lives so close to greatness.

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! I love Jenni Bowlin's vintage style, and it was fun to talk to her and of course buy some cool old stuff!
Can't wait to hit the road again Michelle!

AuBien said...

Oooooooooooh! This looks like so much fun! You need a good girlfriend trip every now and then...even if there is a little "work" involved.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog today and see where you've been to Memories in Bloom. I was there not too long ago and had the same reaction!!!! Wasn't it just so much fun to see Nichole's samples and to see all her stamp sets in one place and get to touch them!! I know the owner thought my friend and I were crazy! By the way I live in Providence.